I made a large batch (so that I would have enough for an apple and pear pie façon Tatin as well as) for a savory dish.
Here is the best quiche I've made this fall,
The Chanterelles Quiche on a Crust of Puff Pastry
|Oh the buttery fluffiness of this crust!|
It was so delicious that just writing down this recipe days later makes me drool.
To make this recipe you need to get approx. 250g of puff pastry.
I made mine from scratch following this recipe in french (enough for 2 pies)
You can use a store bought one or maybe your favourite artisan baker can make it for you on order.
Blind bake the rolled out puff pastry in a pie dish, with weight on it !!
(dry beans on parchment paper will do)
at 350F for 20 min.
Meanwhile, sauté in a pan with olive oil the following 4 ingredients:
- 1 french shallot, thinly chopped, golden with a bit of salt
- 2 cups of chanterelles washed (or dry brushed) and chopped roughly
- a handful of fresh thyme, stemmed
- 4 to 8 slices of smoked prosciutto, sliced roughly
When all is golden (10 to 15 minutes) add these 4 ingredients to the quiche batter below:
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 2 tabsp of grated cheese of your choice (organic cheddar works well)
- some soft goat cheese, crumbled
Pour the whole thing on the blind baked pastry (removing the beans & parchment paper) and bake for 20 to 25 min at 350F.