lundi 15 avril 2013

Skill exchange

One of my favourite things to do in the world,
is finding something to trade.

It means giving & receiving,
with purpose, satisfaction or functionality.

Dale just traded some skills with our friend Niels.

 Niels needed a custom box.


We needed to stretch a canvas with my Dad's painting.

Dale is the most talented woodworker who does carpentry as a living. And being in love with him is not altering my perception.

Niels is a talented artist who used to stretch canvas as a living.



Dale made this box with some bamboo he had left from another project.
The maple handles are painted black except for beveled edges
"which catch the light".


It's a beauty. Niels was extremely happy.



He stretched my Dad's painting in front of us.


I was so happy to see this painting again,
it has always been a part of my life when I was growing up,
since the 80's.


Now we need to paint the frame (white?)
and find the right place for it.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire